How Do I Get A K-1 Fiancé/Fiancée Visa?

Getting married can be very exciting, but it can also be anxiety-provoking, too. When complicated immigration issues play into your wedding plans, you need to obtain proper legal advice.

A K-1 visa is designed to allow a United States citizen to bring his or her future spouse to the U.S. In order for you to be granted a K-1, you need to demonstrate several things to the U.S. government. Essentially, the law requires that you show that the pre-marriage relationship is genuine (with evidence that you have known your fiancé or fiancée for a certain period of time and that you intend to get married) and prove that you are legally able to marry your fiancé or fiancée (by showing that you are both over the age of 18 and not currently married).

Advice About Bringing Your Future Spouse To The United States

At the office of Susan Saliba, Attorney at Law, in Dedham, Massachusetts, I advise individuals and couples about important family-based and marriage-related immigration matters. I can help you answer questions like:

  • How do I bring my foreign fiancé or fiancée to the U.S. so we can get married here?
  • How long will the K-1 visa last?
  • Do I need to return to my home country before I get married?
  • How long will we have to wait before we can get married?
  • Will I need to go to court to apply for a K-1 visa?
  • Will a K-1 visa allow my future husband or wife to work in the U.S.?
  • Can I obtain visas for other family members to come to the U.S. for my wedding?

Talk To Me About Your Situation | I Can Help

Your situation is unique. Contact me, immigration lawyer Susan Saliba, to discuss your concerns and develop a strategy.